Sunday, March 13, 2022

"The Russians are coming!"


When I was a kid-- back around the time I began to realize that government was the enemy of everything I valued-- I stopped believing that Russians were the problem. Yes, the Soviet government was my enemy, because it was a government, but I knew Russian people were not the same thing as the Soviet government.

I never feared "The Russians".

I hoped they recognized the same was true about me.

If America got nuked, governments were to blame, not regular people.

I have slightly expanded that blame over the years to include people who imagine political government is somehow legitimate; government-supremacists. Their support empowers the political criminals, even if only by saying the "office" is legitimate even if the goon currently occupying it isn't. 

I assume that in every place around the world, there are a lot of people who know government is a problem, who don't support anything it does, and who don't fall for the propaganda. Those people I can befriend.

-

Thank you to those who have honored me with your support by subscribing or donating.
I really, truly appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. "E mer gen cy ... Everybody to get from street"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TpBfnaEmI

    Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I somehow missed that movie. Might have to look for it.

      Delete
  2. It doesn't get much "replay", but it was hilarious when I saw it released in 1966.

    Jonathan Winters (who inspired Robin Williams), Alan Arkin, and Carl Reiner ... a classic comedy from the height of the "cold war".

    I couldn't find the full length movie on YouTube ... I did find a used DVD on eBay a few years ago for $5.

    Hans

    ReplyDelete