Tuesday, February 15, 2022

(Not exactly) Just a test


I went ahead and opened the GoFu**Me campaign to see if
1) I can raise the money for the Liberty Pill Dispenser or
2) They'll figure out what it's for and remove the campaign and
3) How long until the campaign is removed.

At least, history suggests they'll refund any donations if the campaign is removed. And, on the off-chance it all goes through (and anyone donates), maybe I'll get to buy something non-essential, but fun.

On with the experiment. Here's the link again: https://gofund.me/d02d93b3

Added: So far, it's still up. But also has zero engagement. How's that for staying under the radar?

.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea, but I'm on the fence about donating since I don't want to fund that particular donation site!

    It took me a little while to figure out exactly what product you were talking about buying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem. Like I say, mostly I wanted to see how long the campaign would stay up. With no donations it's probably not on their radar, so not much of a risk of being noticed and taken down. Not like a $9 million+ campaign-- that's enough to get their attention.

      And, I wanted to see if I could word it honestly, but in language that might go over the heads of those with a lust to cancel. I may have overshot the mark a little.

      Delete
    2. This isn't exactly a pressing need-- just something I intend to get at some point (just for fun) and an opportunity to do this experiment. If it gets crowdfunded, I'll post a review as promised, both of the product and of this particular GFM experience.

      I guess if this doesn't fund the tool, I could try posting a fundraiser on some competing site, being completely open about what I'm looking to buy, and see what happens there.

      Delete