Sunday, February 27, 2022

Independent American States of the future


When Texas secedes, it will still be completely American, just no longer part of the United States of America. 

At that point, there will be The United States of America and The Independent American State of Texas, even if it's officially The Republic of Texas or something. 

Both would be "America" (with Texas arguably being the more American of the two) but no longer united under one political government.

This could still be the case if every state seceded but one. Imagine if only New Jersey and Maryland (to pick two examples of stubborn statist regions) remained in the United States of America (the two united states) with every other state being an independent state of America. 

Obviously, I'm opposed to states of any sort, but I'm still in favor of secession every time (including Ukraine). Right down to the level of the individual. Thoughts of secession make me smile and I hate unification.
  
-

Thank you to those who have honored me with your support by subscribing or donating.
I really, truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. My brain exploded (or perhaps expanded) the first time I realized that when Jefferson wrote about "free and independent states" he was talking about the establishment of 13 new countries, which is why he referred to himself as a Virginian, not an American. I understand that until, oh, 1865ish, proper grammar was "The United States are ..." as opposed to the contemporary "The United States is ..." What an interesting continent this might be to live in, had The Powers That Be stuck with the original concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And earlier, "united" wasn't even usually capitalized.
      That's kind of the point to this GIF I made years ago: link and the blog post I used it in.

      Delete