Thursday, October 21, 2021

In other news... (with an update)


The past 24+ hours I've been struggling to take care of a very sick 9-year-old cat (Butterscotch), and I'm too tired and emotionally drained to write anything, much less anything smart, for automatic posting tomorrow morning. 

She's had a relapse of a problem she had a little over 3 years ago when we nearly lost her. She has a vet appointment for first thing in the morning. I'm trying to prepare my daughter for what may come.

UPDATE: Butters has a chronic kidney issue (which was the problem before). The vet put her on a few medications to get her over the crisis, and she already seems to feel a bit better. I caught the problem earlier this time so she wasn't as sick. Hard to believe, as sick as she was. I just have to stay vigilant and make sure she doesn't stop eating or drinking for even a day.
As an aside-- the vet looks like Molly Quinn from Castle.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck for Butterscotch; that is to say, prayers up, friend. Trust me- I mean no trespass, only good will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it is to lose a friend, furry or otherwise, and I hope you don't have that happen here. I wish her a full recovery, and always, the best to you. -Roh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know she's on borrowed time, but she has been since at least the first time she got so sick. We will just enjoy the time we've got with her. She's completely devoted to my daughter, and has been since she was born. That's one thing that makes me fight so hard for her.

      Delete