Thursday, September 16, 2021

Doctors vs. veterinarians


Yesterday I had a routine medical checkup. The doctor wasted the majority of his time in the room trying to talk me into the Covid "vaccine". 

Thinking back on this later I had a realization: Covid-- or at least the social turmoil surrounding it-- destroyed my trust in doctors. 

But at the same time, recent events bolstered my trust in veterinarians.

There is a huge difference in how the vet spoke to me and how the doctor did. 

The vet gave me what she believed were the facts to the best of her knowledge, told me the options, and accepted my decision. I didn't feel judged.

The doctor told me anecdotes with giant obvious (to me) holes in them, tried to scare me, assumed I get medical advice from F***book, told me the experts say it's a good idea, and didn't want to take "no" for an answer. I felt I was being manipulated and judged when I didn't succumb.

One gave me respect and the other treated me like a stubborn, stupid child.

This is how it felt anyway. 

Was this the real situation, or just my perception? Is it just a difference in their personalities? Or, is it understandable that a doctor "cares" more because his patients are human so he's going to try harder to convince you of what he believes is the right course? Maybe. I know I have biases that will color everything.

I come away from the vet feeling good about the interaction, even if she says something I don't want to hear. I came away from the doctor appointment feeling terrible about life and about myself.

-

Thank you for helping support KentForLiberty.com

6 comments:

  1. Your experience with the MD is unfortunate, but not unique. I was disillusioned by conversations with my MD and dentist last year prior to the mRNA rollout.

    Both enforced mask requirements in their waiting rooms and exam rooms, yet both were 'comfortable' examining me maskless in their exam rooms.

    Both acknowledged the futility of masking, yet both refused to resist the politico-medical dogma.

    And when pressed, neither would agree to honor their Hippocratic oath of "do no harm" and treat with either Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin if requested by their patients.

    Where do we go for trustworthy and competent medical treatment? I don't know.

    Hans ... in the NC woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My understanding is that if the office accepts ANY government money-- Medicare/Medicaid, for example-- the feds require them to impose masks.

      So, I guess we'd have to find a doctor who refuses all Imperial entanglements-- if such a thing exists.

      Delete
  2. My wife worked as a veterinary technician for almost 30 years before moving into dog training. Veterinary school is way harder than med school, and that's where those that flunk out of veterinary school tend to end up.

    My last routine doctor visit was like yours, involving a discussion about the jab. He asked me what information he could give me to convince me to take it. I said none... I am not interested in playing lab rat for an experimental pre-treatment for a virus that is on average 99.7% survivable. I believe on my next visit he will hit on the FDA approval for the Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine that doesn't even exist yet. I will remind him about FDA approval for Thalidomide and Prilosec.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did speak up with this doctor, but I still felt like an idiot for doing so. He just shook his head at everything I said.

      Although, he also kept doing this weird winking thing that confused me. Giving me mixed signals. Or he was flirting with me.

      Delete
  3. My trust in doctors was broken ~15 years ago. My wife had a rare type of leukemia. One visit for a blood transfusion the nurse said my wife was lucky she would have it easy that day. The Dr had ordered a shot for her instead of the transfusion. I asked how the shot would help and the nurse explained it boosted blood production from the marrow. I asked how that would help my wife since her issue was essentially that her body produced bad blood. She essentially shrugged and said it’s been working great for cancer patients. I asked for the info packet and it listed in bold print a black box warning specifically saying not to give to patients with my wife’s condition. I pointed it out and the nurse called the Dr. They did a regular transfusion. I then spent a fortune on oncology and hematology books from the university bookstore. When a new treatment was suggested it didn’t feel right based on what I knew and I emailed 800+ drs around the US from essentially every major oncology department laying out the suggested treatment and my concerns. Only about 200 replied and of those replies all but 1 said to trust the Dr. That he knew what he was doing. The one dissenting voice took about 3 weeks to reply, and in his reply said, “your fears are justified, absolutely do not do the recommend treatment. It will kill your wife. She will develop fungal pneumonia and not be able to fight it off. Your assessment is correct, you should insist, even if ama, your treatment plan.” Unfortunately, his reply came too late, as in the three weeks before he replied, based on the then unanimous reply, we followed the recommendation and she developed fungal pneumonia and passed away. It’s the last time I’ve trusted a disconnected “expert” or even group of “experts over my own invested research on any medical decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awful experience. Sorry you went through that. At least you were doing the work-- you were just sabotaged in the end.

      Delete