Sunday, February 16, 2020

Humbling (funny) quotation

I just ran across this quote. It's a lesson in humility for me, personally. But it's funny, too.

No one asked you to write. And no one will care if you stop. If you succeed, no one will notice. It’s a rough, heartless business.” ~ George Higgins


I don't know who George Higgins is/was. I guess I'll look him up... I assume this is him.

The quote's not exactly true on the first point, since I was asked to start writing a blog-- in fact, someone else signed me up and gave me the log-in information so I would. This was to give people the opportunity to pick my mind and ask me probing questions.

No one really asked me to continue to write after the original purpose had passed, though.

So it's still close enough to accurate.

And I'm not sure what success would look like in this context, anyway. Not fame, riches, or groupies, for sure.

I've always said I do this more to help myself think and organize those thoughts than for any other reason. I'm glad there are a few of you out there who follow along. That feels like success to me.

-

Writing to promote liberty is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.
I hope I add something you find valuable enough to support.

3 comments:

  1. Well Kent, I actually would care if you stopped, not that my opinion matters any, lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Your opinion does matter. I'm not planning to stop.

      Delete
  2. "I've always said I do this more to help myself think and organize those thoughts than for any other reason."

    Thats the best reason to do it, and it is also the reason I occasionally follow along.

    ReplyDelete