Sunday, January 12, 2020

Mind-reading? No, Behavior-reading



You and I may not be able to read minds, but it doesn't matter. You can usually tell what someone is thinking by what they are doing-- their inner thoughts and beliefs become outward acts.

Even in those cases where their behavior conflicts with what they think, you're better off responding to how they act rather than wondering what they might be thinking. How someone acts is more important than what's in their mind.

It comes down to this simple truth:
I don't care what someone believes as long as they act like an anarchist.
Which most people do, most of the time. As long as they don't try to control, rule, rob, attack, etc. others-- including me-- that's what really matters.

And really, isn't that what everyone-- even every statist-- wants from others?

I don't see people behaving as though they like being bullied and robbed, even when that's what they advocate, politically. That's because politics is self-contradictory and internally inconsistent. It fails everywhere it is tried, and always has.
-

Writing to promote liberty is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.
I hope I add something you find valuable enough to support.

4 comments:

  1. "Politics is self-contradictory and internally inconsistent." Prove me wrong.


    That would be a great attention getter on one of those signs people put up to get other people to argue with them in public on video. Hmmm, maybe a good t shirt slogan for the next family get together? Might liven up Thanksgiving "conversation" too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to limit my shocking comments to one per interaction. I suppose a T-shirt would count as one comment, however... I think if anyone in my family saw me in a T-shirt they'd be too shocked to think of anything else.

      I was trying to think of the shocking comment I made during game night last night-- I think I said something to the effect that I don't care if politicians have other politicians killed, but I don't want to see pictures of the corpses.

      Delete
  2. Two of my favorite quotes address this same subject

    “What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.”
    ---- John Ruskin

    "Well done is better than well said."
    --- Benjamin Franklin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good. I think I may have read the Franklin quote before, but the Ruskin quote was new to me. Thanks!

      Delete