Monday, April 15, 2019

The Notre Dame Ruins

From news.com.au


A landmark has joined-- probably at least for the rest of my lifespan-- the list of historic ruins around the world. Like the Coliseum in Rome, the Acropolis, and more.

I have no religious or nationalist (but I repeat myself) attachment to the Notre Dame Cathedral, but its destruction saddens me anyway.

I hate to see any historic landmark or artwork destroyed. Whether by accident or intentionally, by stupid politico-religionists. I like old stuff. Oftentimes more than I like new stuff.

I'm glad to see people volunteering their own money to fund the attempt to rebuild it.

_______________

Reminder: I could really use some help.
-

Writing is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome. Hopefully the Vatican will also burn. It'd be even better if a bunch of christians get trapped and burn to death.

    Mosques and Synagogues also need to burn. Burn the kikes and sand-niggers too. That shit would be better than a Nazi book burning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which branch of government do you work for again? Killing people who you don't like is peak statism.

      Delete