Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It could be worse- you could be a statist!

I am a much less angry person since I dropped any belief in "authority" of The State (or anyone).

We AVAL (Anarchists/Voluntaryists/Abolitionists/libertarians) are always accused of being what we are because of anger, but the angriest people I see are statists. Maybe that's because nearly everyone I see is a statist.

But, really, statists are just consumed with anger. Sure, they hide it behind euphemisms like "rule of law" and such, but scratch the surface and you'll see the true foundation of their belief.

But, me?

I don't have much desire to punish others, or control them. I don't expect perfection, but I will hold people accountable. Is expecting accountability "anger"? Well, when the bad guys don't want to be held accountable, I suppose it looks like that to them. Also, they really hate it when they force you to defend yourself from them- and they will call you names for that, too. But, again, the anger and hatred is theirs.

That doesn't mean it's all sunshine and roses. It is often painful to see things as they really are, rather than as you wish they were. And it can be lonely, too. With life, it's always something. But, it can always be worse by being a statist.

-
My subscriptions are down about $65 from a year ago. That may not sound like much, but when you live on the edge as I do, it's a lot. I desperately need to replace (or surpass) those subscriptions. 
A big "thank you!" to supporters of this blog. I probably couldn't keep doing this without you.

(Steemit link)


No comments:

Post a Comment