Saturday, March 19, 2016

There are only two options here

I am not religious. I don't believe you'll find scientific facts in the Bible beyond the understanding of the people of the era in which they were originally written. I don't believe in anything supernatural.

Yet, I still don't believe Romans 13 means what statist Christians want it to mean.

If it does mean what they claim, then it would mean the Bible is a lie. It means it sides with evil and against good.

If it doesn't mean what they claim it means, and if the supernatural parts of the Bible are true, they'd better stop taking God's name in vain and ask forgiveness.

I fully support the interpretation of my friends, the liberty-loving Christians, in this case. Maybe because theirs is the correct one; maybe because the alternative would be too painful.

.

1 comment:

  1. Romans was written by Paul, a first generation preacher and self-appointed gate keeper. He wasn’t even one of the twelve apostles who walked with Jesus when he was alive. He never heard the words of Jesus directly from the source, so I wouldn’t take his writings all that seriously.

    People who point to Paul as their source of knowledge are “Paulians,” not Christians.

    ReplyDelete