Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Laws fail the stated purpose, but stay around

Time after time, new "laws" against texting while driving have done absolutely nothing to cut down on the number of accidents. Yet, no government employee or statist seems willing to give up and abolish those "laws".

Seems odd... if you assume "safety" is the intent.

But it's not, is it?

Nope.

The only thing that would change if those "laws" were abandoned is the ruling gang would lose one excuse to rob you. That's it; that's all.

Is texting while driving dangerous? Quite probably. But "laws" are not the solution. They never are.

.

3 comments:

  1. I had a long comment to this article, Kent. I tried to sign in prior to writing the comment under my Google ID, but it wouldn't let me. I wrote the comment then hit preview then the Google ID page came up. I entered my e-mail and password and then I was sent back to the comment section and my comment was gone. I will not re-write it now. And, this has happened before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about that- I know how it goes. I have lost long comments before myself. Then for a while I'll write them in notepad for a while, never lose a comment I post, and once I get complacent it gets me again and I lose one. Very frustrating! It's part of the reason I suspect computers are sapient and cruel.

      Delete
    2. D.M. & Kent: I actually stopped commenting here for a while cuz it was doing the same to me . . . too damn many times!

      Delete