Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Your brain- use it or lose it

I just don't get it when people are so determined to stick with "the party line" that they say idiotic things just because "their side" always takes that side.

Liberals against guns is one example, as is conservatives against drugs.

Think for yourself. Weigh the arguments for yourself. Decide for yourself. Stop listening to other people as a shortcut to avoid doing what you should be doing. Stop parroting what "your side" says automatically whenever a topic comes up.

It will make you smarter.

.

5 comments:

  1. "Man is a clever animal who behaves like an imbecile." Albert Schweitzer. I was looking for another quote by Albert Schweitzer when I found this one. The other one, if I remember it correctly, was that people just did not think enough. And he said that a long time ago. It's only gotten worse since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned against the war on drugs years ago and gun control always leads to dependency and oppression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While this is good advice, I, being an incredibly indolent individual, usually take this intellectual shortcut: if the MSM are promoting something, I assume it's evil; if they are opposing something, while it may not be good, it is certainly worth looking into.
    This method has never steered me wrong yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, "stopped clocks" and all that: http://blog.kentforliberty.com/2008/10/even-stopped-clock.html

      Delete