Thursday, May 15, 2014

Flags. Everywhere!

Yes, everywhere.

I saw a blurb that listed things about America which those from other parts of the world found very odd, and "flags everywhere" was at the top of the list.

I hadn't really thought about it too much before, but the next time I drove around I counted. Yep. Those things are everywhere.

I guess a lot of people like to celebrate their enslavement and worship the captor.

I know, I know. Supposedly the US flag (which is NOT the "American flag") represents liberty and justice for all. That's a nice dream. Actually I see it more as representing the federal government and all its interests.

Don't believe me?

Refer to the Constitution or (shudders!) the Declaration of Independence, and the feds will consider you a domestic terrorist. Pledge allegiance to their flag and they say nothing- Oh, some of them may look down on the addition of the "under God" part, but on the whole...

Fly the Gadsden flag and they consider you a domestic terrorist. Fly the federal flag and they are fine with it.

If any of them were aware of the Time's Up flag, they would consider you a domestic terrorist for flying one. Their flag? Not a problem.

Now, if you fly the federal flag and do one of the other things mentioned above, flying their flag won't be enough to get you out of trouble, but by itself it is completely government-approved. Think about that for a minute.

.

1 comment:

  1. I fly no "flags". Personal preference.

    But somewhere around here are two flag-lapel pins that are spray-painted in black. I always smile when I run across them, because it reminds me of a time in my life when I was "...disgusted at the direction of our-great-nation..." That was long before anarchy came up and bit me on the arse. Before I came to see that nations do not exist -- people exist.

    It was in the 70's. I had won a US flag lapel pin -- solid gold -- at a sales convention. My eldest daughter, then just out of high school and employed by the state, gave me a state flag lapel pin -- also gold. I wore the pair of flags as religiously as I had formerly worn military decorations (and, yes -- I now see all this as religion. I've repented and recanted).

    So one day in the 1970's I received a notice of audit to "appear" with all my financial records at a specific room in a federal building over 100 miles away, and report to a certain female "auditor". Like a compliant sheep at the abattoir entry, I so "appeared".

    After about 2 hours I got up, informed the nice lady that I felt she should be home with her children and was leaving the "audit", and mumbled something about not being responsible for her personal safety if she pursued the matter further. That got me a conviction for terrorism before it was cool to be a terrorist. I may still be banned from all "federal" buildings -- I don't know and don't care. I'm still an "illegal tax protestor", but I think they've classically changed that moniker to "tax resister" as a part of their ongoing obfuscation.

    I neither protest nor resist.

    I marched directly down the street to a book store and bought my first book by my now (incarcerated) friend, Irwin Schiff. Next I drove home, procured my flag-lapel pins and a can of spray paint, and sprayed the flags jet black. I wore them that way in public for quite a long time.

    It was then I discovered nobody noticed or gave a damn.

    And that was when I began to rid myself of the religion of state. I am no longer angry or appalled at the behaviors of predators spending stolen resources. I live free -- with a "low profile"

    Sam (also posted at Hale Bobb)

    ReplyDelete