Saturday, March 29, 2014

Adventures with Slave Numbers

Wanna piss me off? Complicate any simple procedure by insisting I provide "my" Federal Slave Number/Social Security Number.

My first reaction is invariably "You want what?"

I don't have such a thing. Some branch of the fe(de)ral gooberment assigned one to me long ago- but it most certainly isn't "my" number. It is strictly the "federal government's" number- and since "government" isn't even a real thing...

I have never learned it, and I don't carry the silly scrap of paper it is printed upon with me. I remember what the first 3 digits are (not even sure why I remember that much), and I know some of the digits- but not their order- in the rest of the number.

But to claim it is "my" number? Yeah, right.

If I am standing in line at McDonald's, and they have given me a ticket number, that makes sense. I can watch or listen for that number, and it is easier than trying to hear them mispronounce my name when my order is ready. And then the number has served it purpose and goes away, never to be required again. But to number a person for life?

Let's say I decide to assign a number to every reader of this blog- or anyone I interact with in any way. That doesn't make the number "your" number, it's just my number for you, and you should laugh at me if I tell you that you must use that number for identification purposes for the rest of your life. The whole concept is ridiculous.

Didn't it used to be "illegal"- for whatever that is worth- to use that number for identification purposes? Did that "law" change, or did it just become too inconvenient for tracking and controlling the cattle?

I never even run into the demand to give that number except when doing supposed favors- usually financial in nature- for other people. And I am rather tired of it.

And, I managed to do what I wanted eventually, anyway, without giving anyone "my" number. Suck that, collectivists.

.


4 comments:

  1. Actually, there is nothing in the Social(ist) Security Law that requires an individual to have a slave number. And my original slave number card had "Not for identification purpose" printed on it. That has been removed now and I do believe the law has been changed. The police state has made it nearly impossible to get by in our modern police state without that slave number. You need it for a driver's license, a bank account... . The list goes on. I said nearly impossible because it is possible to live in our modern police state without a slave number, but you will have to read the law and become fully informed and probably have to go to court at times to convince the other slaves that their is no law that says you must have a slave number. Oh, and of course, without a slave number you cannot claim a right to the money stolen from others to help support you in age old age and the money stolen from your pay will just be lost, another tax that does not help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crap like this that tempts me to just give up.

      Family members get angry because I don't just memorize and freely share "my" number. They take it personally when it complicates their lives in any way. If they would simply learn to not involve me in such matters we would both be happier.

      Delete
  2. What gets me is when somebody asks, "what's your sosh?" From now on I'll remember your blog and say, "I don't have a sosh! I think government bureaucrats have something called a 'social security number' -- but it is not mine. It's theirs!..."

    Interesting conversation starter out thar in radio land.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more point: D. M. Mitchell is correct. I think we've all got to decide just how much emotional baggage we allow statism to inflict upon us. You and I and most who might read this all pretty much agree with the egregiousness of statism -- the religious belief that monopoly state serves a socially useful purpose. That religion is harmful -- harmful to you, harmful to me, disastrous to each and every subscriber to that religion.

    But there's only so much I can do about it.

    I like your blogs and your editorials, Kent. They are hard-hitting and effective. But the percentage of the world they change immediately appears miniscule (to you, I'm sure). The percentage they change "down the road" is hard to assess -- but never sell yourself short. You are an effective writer, and that counts for the liberty of all.

    I've become, for instance, a heavier "tipper" since I ceased just leaving a buck or two anonymously on the table. Now I try to hand three or four frn's directly to the waiter or waitress. And I try to look as sincere as possible when I say, "This is not a tip. It is a gift. A major difference we all should try to understand. There are parasites acting as government agents who claim to own your soul as well as much of your earnings. It is only a claim they hope you will believe. They have declared "tips" to be "earnings". You are expected to sign a confession to them and pay baksheesh, commonly called "tax" on tips. But a gift is not taxable..."

    This becomes a little more difficult belly-to-belly with the beast, but when writing I often try to end with: Abstain From Beans, my friends.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete