Saturday, January 11, 2014

Anonymoids

Anonymoids- I think that's a good name for those who act like a*holes from behind their veil of anonymity.

I don't run into that much here- I realize most of my anonymous commenters are simply either protecting their privacy, avoiding setting up a Blogger profile (which amounts to the same thing), or are hilarious spammers.  None of which are generally hostile (even when they disagree with me).

But on other, popular, blogs I see lots of anonymoids.  I even have my own anonymoid fanboy on one blog where I occasionally comment.  He rarely lets a comment go by without suggesting that he is shocked I haven't yet gone on a killing spree before offing myself.  I've taken to just giving him a virtual pat on the head like a yapping puppy any time he responds to me, which seems to have taken away some of his enthusiasm.  Poor little guy!

I think if you attract the attention of anonymoids, especially of the rabid statist variety, it just shows you are probably doing something right.  Think of them as an award on your wall.  Their hostility and stupidity just makes you look better.

.

12 comments:

  1. Screw you Kent! Guess who!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my suspicions, but no real reasons beyond "feelings" to suspect anyone in particular.

      Delete
    2. Lol. We are legion!

      Delete
    3. Dafuq? I just wrote a response and it didn't appear...

      Delete
    4. I'll give you a hint Kent... We're Failbook pals and I'm perhaps angrier than most people you know lol..

      Delete
    5. And are you also especially angry at other drivers and favor torture and/or the death penalty for anyone who drives "poorly"? Because that fits with my first suspicion.

      Delete
    6. Even anonymity can't hide some things. LOL
      When you posted the very first comment, I just had a feeling I knew exactly who it was.

      Delete
  2. anyone can claim that screen name , however there are a few that claim it for other reasons and im sure you know what i am talking about , please try not to get that word confused with just assholes and the collective called anonymous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not talking about those who choose to be anonymous for reasons other than to sling insults. There are good reasons to stay anonymous, and there are weaselly reasons (my apologies to the honorable mustelids out there).

    ReplyDelete