Wednesday, September 04, 2013

A libertarian I just met...

In case you missed the news, I just got back from a weekend camping trip.  (Isn't it nice to be able to have blog posts automatically show up during an absence?)

As I was taking down the tent, this little scorpion was disturbed from his hiding place.  Apparently he had been taking shelter under the floor of the tent.  I didn't mind- and was glad he didn't choose a boot or shoe to hide in, as they like to do.



It made me wish more people were like that scorpion.  As long as I didn't attack him, he didn't attack me.  We each went on about our lives unharmed by the other.

Kind of sad to think a scorpion is better company than some people.

.


2 comments:

  1. While the scorpion will leave you alone in good times, it will also leave you alone in bad times and you need the help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. But sometimes, if that's the choice you are given, it's better than being "helped" to death.
    Humans (including me) have a hard time knowing when their help is needed and when it's just interference.

    ReplyDelete