Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"The Theorist"

Here's a film called "The Theorist" that was made for the "Operation Paul Revere" film contest (infowars.com).

If you have been reading this blog for long you probably know I am not much of a conspiracy theorist, and this is probably the very first time you have ever seen me mention anything connected with Alex Jones- anywhere.  The guy just isn't to my taste.  However, even a blind pig finds a nut sometimes, so I don't automatically write anyone off.

So I watched the film.

I am SO not the guy in the film.  I am not nearly as tweaked.  I don't imagine my lone voice will change the world- not sure I'd want that responsibility if I thought it could.  My life doesn't revolve around my blog and writings- except when I have nothing else to do (which, I admit, is more often than I'd like).  My lack of a "real job" is due more to my parenting responsibilities than to anything else- and I don't fight about it.  Or much of anything (you do NOT want to really get me mad, though).

Still, the film is interesting and made me think.  I agree with some of the points brought up in this fictional account of the life of this one very vocal conspiracy theorist.  I'd rather not end up like him, but I don't think the risk of that happening would be enough to make me shut up.  I'm just too stubborn.

So, give it a watch and see what you think.

 

2 comments:

  1. Delivers a poignant message about being aware and speaking up, something pathetically limited in this country. Definitely an over-dramatization, but not out of the realm of possibility.

    Like you, the video got me thinking about many things, including whether or not I'm standing up and speaking out enough and spreading the truth about the sad reality of lost freedoms -- past, present, and unfortunately, future -- we are experiencing to the self anointed governing elites.

    Oh, and he does have a great voice -- reminded very much of the folk singers of 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I could speak up much more than I already do. I wonder sometimes if I could speak up more effectively, though.

    I enjoyed his song and voice, too.

    ReplyDelete