Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Kokesh armed march

(Note- Because I write almost everything at least a day in advance, so that I can have it post early for you to read with your morning coffee, I wrote this before his "arrest" [kidnapping] at the Smoke Down Prohibition V event.  The "arrest" changes nothing about what I've written below.)

It seems everyone is talking about Adam Kokesh, and his peaceful armed march on DC.  And it seems everyone who is talking about it is casting stones at those who take a position different than their own.  I'll try to not do that.

So, what would I do?

I wouldn't go.

But maybe not for the reasons you might think.

Is what he's planning to do wrong?  No!

Will it draw negative attention to gun owners, make the anti-liberty bigots say bad things about us, and might it lead to more "laws" and crackdowns from hoplophobic bigots with political power?  Probably, but who cares?

I hate to tell you this but the enemies of liberty aren't impressed when you try to make them like you.  Or when you try to not offend them, or when you play by their rules; when you obey their counterfeit "laws".  They will be offended by anything you do, short of turning in ALL your guns, and then politely dying to remove yourself from the gene pool.  Do you really want to appease people like this?

Personally, I make an effort to stay away from places where political scum pools.  Courthouses, city hall, police stations, state capitols, and especially DC.  I don't want to be in that toxic environment, armed or not.  Those who congregate there don't care what you or I have to say unless it is in line with what they are already planning to do.  Contrary (peaceful) voices are ignored, and there's nothing you can do to change that.  If you show up to petition them they assume you still consent to their Rule, if you show up armed they assume you are dangerous/crazy and should be caged- and killed if you resist.

I think it's mostly better to stop acting like these are people you need to influence and just let them play their little rigged game while you prepare to deal with the inevitable results of their tyranny.

I have had my differences with Adam Kokesh in the past, but he has done things that changed my opinion of him since then.  He may be more of a showman than I am generally comfortable with, but that's just his way.  Will I put Kokesh down for his planned march?  Not at this time.  I think there are lots of ways to exercise your liberty- his way, or yours, might not be mine (and vice versa).  But I don't think this event is any more harmful in the long run than voting or writing congresscritters.  Anything that pretends that politicians' opinions or "law tantrums" are valid just doesn't seem to be the best use of talents and energy to me.  You may think differently.

I don't understand those who object to his march on the basis of it being "illegal".  I have no intention of ever being "law abiding" when those "laws" are wrong, or even when they are null and void.  And I don't have much respect for people who make being a "law abiding citizen" their goal.  But if you are talking "legality", then his march is perfectly legal.  No legitimate law can violate the Constitution, which was amended by the Bill of Rights to say that the right to own and to carry guns "shall not be infringed".  Any "law" to the contrary is null and void.  His march couldn't possibly be more legal.  That doesn't mean the badged thug/criminals of DC won't murder people for doing the right thing, though.

I have my doubts that anyone actually plans to go through with the march, but I could be wrong.  From the first I suspected it might be more of a shot across the bow to get some attention.  If it happens, I hope no violence occurs- but I also hope any initiation of force, if it happens, is met with appropriate self defense.  I do not believe I can be armed and yet stand by and watch "law enforcement" violate peaceful people without doing something to stop the violation.  Sorry, but I am NOT a pacifist.  And that is another reason for me to stay away from such events.  I do not want to intentionally put myself into a position where I either need to kill someone or make myself a part of the problem by not killing someone.

That's just my take on it.

.


9 comments:

  1. It would seem that Mr. Kokesh may not be available for his march.

    Arrested for, I've read, "resisting arrest"even though the videos of him show no resistance what so ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Resisting arrest" is just like "officer safety": both are just lies told by enforcers to justify (to copsuckers) anything they want to do to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kokesh has always struck me as a provocateur who's actions have a greater tendency to make us more subject to ridicule and stereotyping and which outweighs any good he does. Kinda like Alex Jones or Ted Nugent often do. I honestly think they mean well, but this looks to me like a good way to end up in a squalid DC jail for a year or three just to make a one day media event. I recommend taking a pass on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've arrived, Hawk! Trying to convince the foxes to take up a diet of grasses and herbs and to refrain from the killing of chickens would be a better use of one's time than "marching" on the likes of "Washington".

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eventually, there will be a Boston Massacre type of incident (March 5, 1770) in which cops or soldiers kill several citizens. After that things might actually heat up. I see it coming. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam Kokesh is the Nathan Hale of our time.
    His kidnapping only exposes to even MORE people that the state is a criminal organization that does not legitimately rule ANYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100% with Kent.
    As for changing the system by working within the system, I don't see much longterm expectation there.....Unless a lot of people suddenly wake up get organized, like the Sheriffs in Col. are doing.....and I won't hold my breath for that. If the stuff is going to hit the fan, which I believe it will, then let's get on with it.
    People like Adam Kokesh are getting tired of pussy footing around and are willing to turn up the heat a little in an effort to either get people awake and off the fence, or to accelerate the inevitable. One way or the other lets quite screwing around and get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Kokesh in principle but his tactics need to be refined. Dr. King expressed my feelings this way-
    "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

    If fear of going to jail is your line in the sand then you now know how much your freedoms is worth to you.

    If your rights can be taken from you because of one man's actions you're not really free are you?

    The free of reprisals and imprisonment is the weapon of the oppressor. If you don't fear them the have no power.

    If a law is just I'll obey it, if it is unjust I ignore it.

    I don't agree with Westboro Baptist either but respect their right to assembly and peaceful protest. If they make choice and accept that consequences of the action then good luck to them.

    It is interesting how much spin and air time this little march on Dc has gotten. Excellent use of the media by Mr. Kokesh. Rumour has it he was in Psyops in the military.I must say well played sir well played.

    The government and media must really fear an armed citizenry otherwise why all the fuss?

    A lot of us will be doing time in the man's jails before this is over and we are free once more. As a nation we are all bark and no bite.

    To sum it up I'll quote the leading blogger of the 1st revolution-"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." Thomas Paine

    now come ye forth naysayers and trolls, but, remember -Trolls turn to stone in the sunshine of reason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree Kent, giving bureaucrats any credibility is admitting the tardiness of ones understanding. Give them no honor of their existence!

    ReplyDelete