Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy 2013

Do you feel optimistic about the coming year?  Or is rationality getting in the way of your "feelings"?

I'm not sure how I feel or what I think right now.

I think tyranny will get worse for the foreseeable future, but I think they who believe in The State have already lost the game in the long run.  Things may be painful for a while as it all works out.  I intend to make it as pain-free on myself as possible, by never depending on "government" or things others look to "government" to provide.  I will act as though The State is already dead, and has been replaced by the freelance thugs that will probably inhabit the next phase of civilization.  I will fend for myself and try to come to the aid of others doing the same.

I'm less optimistic about my individual circumstances than I am about the trend of future history, but that's not unusual.  I will watch for opportunities to change that around, too.

Happy New Year, and have fun however you choose to celebrate- or not.


.

1 comment:

  1. Back when I was 15 or 16 (in the early 60's) I believed that the government would only get worse: The bigger the population the more government intervention. That has come true. I don't see government getting out of the way any time soon. Eventually, it will all come crashing down and it won't be pretty. The Roman Empire did not fall because the barbarians were at the gates. The barbarians were there all the time. The Roman Empire fell because it rotted from the inside--with bread and circuses for the population--until the next barbarian invasion, when all they had to do was knock and the gates crumbled. But it took a long time until that happened. So our empire could take several more decades before it crumbles. Or, it could only take a few more years. Only time will tell. Being a pessimist, I don't see freedom and liberty breaking out, coming to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete