Monday, August 20, 2012

Fundraiser time

(I'm pinning this to the top, so look below for the new stuff for a few days. Thanks.)

I need some money. However, I'm not asking for donations. What I am asking is that you buy things from me if you want them.

Or, if you feel so inclined, and you believe there is value in what I write, you could pay me for that. Whatever you believe my writings are worth to you.

If you are struggling or short of money I don't want any money from you. Only if you have "extra money", whatever that might mean to you, should you ever pay me for my writing. I don't want your kid to do without a single water balloon because of me.

If you don't think my blog is worth reading, or at least not worth paying for, I don't want your money.

I don't want welfare, and in this case I don't even want charity.

All I'm asking is that if you believe there is value- for YOU- in what I write, and you think you should pay me for it even though you can get it for free, then pay me what you think you should. If you can, without causing hardship to yourself. If you can't afford to pay, or you don't believe you should- for any reason at all- then please don't send a cent.

Thanks.


.


3 comments:

  1. If you plan on buying something from Kent's Lulu, don't forget your discount codes. Check RetailMeNot at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/lulu.com or use this 5% off code LULUORDERS5 that they sent to my email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, since my books are free on Lulu, a discount might not be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, i thought thats where you bought the hard copies as well. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete