Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Two "deep" questions

There are two different quotes that touch on the same question, and they have both been going through my mind a lot recently.

 One is "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?

The other is "What is it you want the most?"

 And I don't have an answer for either one.  What does it say about me that I can't answer those questions, and that I have never been able to?

Seriously, I want to be able to answer both of those, and I have been trying to as long as I can remember- even long before I had ever seen the questions in front of me.  More than anything else, that is the reason I quit college after 2 years, having never chosen a "major".  Am I trying to keep my options open?  Or, is that just justification to avoid... something?

And, does it even matter?

.

1 comment:

  1. in my opinion, no, it doesn't really matter. it seems our species is extremely preoccupied with having all the answers to everything, when, if we take a step back and see how miniscule we really are in the grand scheme of the universe, there is no way that could ever be possible.

    for me, life is lived in the present, in the now. it's better to enjoy it now, doing the things we love to do now rather than to postulate what we would do IF.

    ReplyDelete