Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Sharia law is coming!"

I just saw another person post a warning that "Sharia law is coming!"

No, it's already here. You just don't see it because it's based upon a religion you happen to be a part of.

Kinda scary to think you might lose your privileged position and be subject to someone else's nonsensical "laws" and draconian punishments for doing things you have an absolute, eternal human right to do, isn't it. Maybe you shoulda thought about that before doing unto others.


.

2 comments:

  1. If Muslims want to sign contracts that stipulate that Sharia law will be used to resolve any disputes amongst themselves well, that's fine with me. But don't expect the rest of us to go by it unless we've agreed to in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the thing. I never agreed to be subject to "laws" based on anyone's religion. I agree to not initiate force and to not steal, trespass, defraud, or otherwise violate someone's liberty or rights. If I do those things anyway I expect consequences. I never agreed to be subject to counterfeit "laws" regulating what I ingest or my sex life or to be "taxed" or to abide by "property codes" or... well, I could go on for days.

    ReplyDelete