Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Changing the past or embracing it

Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of what was probably the worst day of my life. I won't go into details.

Almost everything about my life today is a direct result of that one day. And the pain is still almost unbearable at times.

But, because of the pain of that day I sought out like-minded individuals and, instead of simply reading what others were saying about individual liberty, I began speaking out about it. I stood to be counted with the good guys. I felt I had nothing more to lose, and that made me "brave".

Would I change anything if I could? My answer is "no" only because of my daughter, who I would have never had almost 4 years later if that day had gone differently. But, everything else I'd trade away in an instant.

This is reality, and reality says the past can't be changed anyway (even while it can be discovered to all be a lie written to support the current Rulers). So, I accept the current conditions that the past made happen. I'm not so sure I'd say I embrace any of it.

Life goes on, and I have discovered that monumental change comes when you least expect it, so never get too comfortable with life. The next monumental change may just be wonderful.


.

3 comments:

  1. couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you wouldn't be a mountain man style libertarian if that day hadn't happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I'd probably still be a mountainman and a libertarian, but you would never have heard of me or read any of my words. I'd probably be a lot more actively mountainman than I currently am.

    Because of that day, I joined "The Claire Files" (Now the Mental Militia Forum) just a bit over 2 weeks later, and started actually becoming active rather than just being myself quietly (well, not obnoxious about statists/coercion other than at home and at work).

    ReplyDelete