Monday, July 25, 2011

Everybody has one

A couple of days ago I was told something to the effect that "Everybody has an opinion- but you don't hafta express it!"

Well, you are right. However, I rarely express my opinions unless I am exposed to other, offensive, opinions first. If I have to listen to everyone around me expressing pro-State/anti-liberty opinions all the time why should I be the one expected to remain silent?

In other words, if you don't want to hear my libertarian opinion, stop being a statist dickweed. That goes for things you take for granted, like "public" schools, "laws", cops, politicians... whatever statist subject you choose to talk about in a less-than honest fashion. If you are going to speak positively about theft, coercion, and violation of rights you should expect me to point out that your opinion is awful when you support (or ignore) evil and give you the ethical alternative.


.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO@statist dickweed!!!!!!!

    I hope you don't mind if i use that:-)

    A red flag I always look for is asymetrical behavioral expectations. By expressing their opinion it implies that they believe they have a right to do so, and they expect you to respect that right by listening and giving a sh!t. But when you attempt to do the same by expressing your opinion you become the a$$hole imposing his views on everyone. Its a grand display of epic douchbaggery:-)

    julioshinobi

    ReplyDelete