Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Writing Gig!

I just got a new writing gig with the Clovis News Journal (and the Portales News-Tribune), which are both Freedom Communications papers. 

Once a week, to be published in both papers simultaneously each Friday, and it doesn't pay much at all, but it still pays better than Examiner (so guess which will get priority).  They also want more length than Examiner does, and more depth.  Plus I still get paid even if I don't specifically mention the names of the towns.

I'm not allowed to post the content anywhere else for 30 days, but I will be posting the link to the column here as soon as it is online.

The Portales News-Tribune has been using some of my material recently, anyway.  This just makes it official.

Look for the first column next Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding! These are both print papers, right? A good move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! Yes, they are both print papers that are also online (unlike the little weekly here in town that I write the monthly - free- column for).

    ReplyDelete