Friday, September 24, 2010

computer dead - Updated

Bye.

Update: Maybe that was a little premature. After hours and hours of trying to get this thing usable again, something has finally worked. Sort of.

I can't even list all the things that are not working like they should anymore. I think there may be physical damage to something internal as well as software anomalies. At the moment I can get online, but that could change at any time judging by how the computer has been acting recently.

When I am no longer to get this computer to work I will stop blogging or going online on a regular basis. I can't afford another computer so I will have to wait until I am around another computer somewhere. So I guess this is a heads-up.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of computer do you have? Desktop? Laptop? Which operating system are you accustomed to using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not working again.
    It's a laptop. Toshiba Satellite. Windows XP (or maybe 7 now). If there was a way to just wipe the whole thing clean and start from scratch I think I'd do it at this point. But, as I say, I think there may also be physical damage inside somewhere, so that might still be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and if you don't get a reply from me, send an email instead as I can get them from my phone, but I can't get into the blog that way.

    ReplyDelete