Saturday, April 03, 2010

Movie review: "making bombs"

This is a review of the imaginary movie, "making bombs". The movie only exists in a dream I had last night. The picture to the side is a crude approximation of the title screen I "saw" as the movie began.

The movie is the story of Michael, a television reporter who, in the tradition of firefighters who practice a little arson on the side, sets bombs to go off and then reports on them. The difference is in the "why".

The background for this tale is a civil rights struggle in an alternate reality. One that is not so very different from our own reality.

Liberty is gone, and those who value it are the second-class citizens. Michael is careful to harm no innocents and to destroy no private property with his bombs while he uses them as an excuse to report on the cause of those who are being oppressed. He is a mole for Liberty in the state-run media.

In my head, the movie was very exciting and inspiring, and Michael was a true hero in every sense of the word. Too bad it doesn't really exist.

I can't tell you how the story ends, since I woke up too soon. Maybe it is for each of us to write the ending.

2 comments:

  1. It ends when you find out that Michale is actually an undercover FBI agent who has infiltrated your group (the fire house) in order to get everyone arrested for arson, possession of bomb-making supplies, etc.

    And it all takes place in Michigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be very depressing. Too real.

    Actually, I got the impression there was no "group" in this "movie", and that no one else knew what he was doing for the cause. But, since it is my own dream, I would rewrite it to have a happy ending if I needed to.

    ReplyDelete