Friday, September 11, 2009

Angry freedom-lovers

Angry freedom-lovers

I was wrong. I have learned that more liberty advocates than I had suspected are indeed angry. I do not claim that the anger is not justified; obviously, in the current US police state, it most certainly is. I think anger, in my own life, is normally counterproductive, but perhaps that is an indication that I can't handle anger as well as some others can.

This isn't to say there are no situations where anger, if channeled, could be useful. Let's pretend for a moment that I am a freelance thug who has foolishly targeted MamaLiberty. If I am an imminent threat to her life or property, a burst of anger on her part, as she draws her gun, could shock me enough to make me back off and leave her alone. As long as her anger didn't trigger a reciprocal blind anger in me that could be the end of it. If I persist, I expect she would just shoot me. As well she should.

On the other hand, in an encounter with a state thug, I would not expect anger to be very helpful- unless your goal is to simply survive the encounter now, and deal later with the legions of state thugs that will be sent to punish you for your lack of grovelling "slave-itude".

If I become angered during online discussions and conversations I often delay responding until my anger has cooled. It isn't always easy, but it always results in a better response. It is rare for me to get really angry over online nonsense and name-calling, though. I am more likely to just stop paying attention to someone I feel has decided to try to make me mad instead of engaging me in debate. I figure they are acting this way because they know they have lost.

My personal observation is that when I encounter an angry person, online or in person, I never change my mind about my opinion (or theirs) due to their anger, and I tend to discount anything else they say. I am likely to see them as a lunatic who can't be reasoned with, and write them off. There are not enough of us working for freedom as it is. Let's not drive away potential allies if it can be avoided.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with this one. Kind of confirms what I've always known, that the military would be used against US citizens in a time of emergency. Now they're just making it "legal" ahead of time:

    "A "pandemic response bill" currently making its way through the Massachusetts state legislature would allow authorities to forcefully quarantine citizens in the event of a health emergency, compel health providers to vaccinate citizens, authorize forceful entry into private dwellings and destruction of citizen property and impose fines on citizens for noncompliance.

    If citizens refuse to comply with isolation or quarantine orders in the event of a health emergency, they may be imprisoned for up to 30 days and fined $1,000 per day that the violation continues."




    Link: Worldnetdaily link

    ReplyDelete