Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Easy Way Out

Why do some people cling to authoritarianism? Maybe they have no choice. Perhaps because it is more primal; the "reptilian brain" is all that is needed. Authoritarianism is so much simpler. It is a refuge for those afraid, or unable, to think.

I come to this conclusion from personal experience. The only times I am prone to take the easy way out and have authoritarian thoughts is when I am extremely tired or sick and my mental faculties are not up to speed. I am not a morning person. The thinking part of my brain doesn't wake up until around 10 AM. If the baby wakes me up too early it is so much easier to just bark orders instead of working to solve any conflicts.

I pity those who live in that mindset all the time, incapable of growing up and moving past that type of mentality. To them, the answer seems to always be in ordering others around and punishing those who have different opinions or cultures. Fear, control, and punishment: the three horseman of the weak-minded. The tools of the state.


....................................................

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps because most people just couldn't be bothered with their lives, and simply are counting the seconds until they day they die - that freedom for mankind is always, just, out of reach.

    If it was easy to get, it wouldn't be worth that much.

    I get a little frustrated by those that are smart enough - everything else they demand reason and logic - except for when it comes to the State. There, they actually defend it's evil and their irrationalism about it!

    It is fear, of course - but what do they fear? They are Shaking hands with the Devil - that should make them very scared - yet, they fear freedom more....

    I really don't get that....

    ReplyDelete