Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Tragic "Cop-ification" of Gun Magazines

Not all (or even most) honest gun owners are cop-worshippers. That is something gun magazines would do well to acknowledge.

I was a charter subscriber to Concealed Carry Magazine. After a few wonderful issues I even wrote the editor praising his avoidance of the term "legally licensed" which seems to always precede "concealed carry" in the other gun magazines I subscribe to. He wrote back expressing agreement and his disdain for the term. That was then, this is now.

Now, just like all the other gun magazines I get, it has been taken over by either cops, or cop-worshippers, judging by the articles. "Legally licensed" is scattered throughout the articles, and enthusiasm for cops, and belittling of real freedoms, is rampant. Their weekly email newsletter even highlighted a drug test for home use to "check out" friends and family members. Absolutely unbelievable!

These magazines need to realize that cops are not the friend of the average, peaceable gun owner. In fact, as Hurricane Katrina, as well as a thousand incidents in a thousand cities and small towns every day, should have illustrated, cops are worse enemies to us than are the "violent criminals" who we are told to fear and despise.

I let my subscription to Concealed Carry lapse after writing the editor once again, this time expressing my building disappointment. I got a response from an assistant, who said the message would be passed along. I heard nothing more. I have better ways to spend my money than to send it to enemies of real freedom.

4 comments:

  1. The police have been, and continue to be, the enemies of free people. They are the enforcement arm for the villains who believe that they rule us. I completely sympathize with you about the "cop-ification" (I like "gendarmaring" better) of not only gun mags, but gun events as well.

    Speaking of cops, here's a video from last night's encounter with the police by protesters outside of the RNC: http://gnooze.com/archives/235 They've called it, "Protestors Tear Gassed! Raw footage - gnooze tear gassed in St. Paul!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that link. I guess those people weren't in a "free speech zone". Disgusting behavior by disgusting Storm Troopers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I let my subscription go for the same reasons. The first thing that p*ssed me off was back when he was trying to come up with a new logo, and he incorporated the Gadsden symbol into his prototype. He got so many complaints from other readers that he dropped it. (Because it might "scare" people).

    I'm going to miss reading Mad Ogre's gun reviews, but I can't keep supporting the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have missed the logo fiasco. Adding the Gadsden would have been a step in the right direction.

    It does seem to me he is wrapping himself in "the flag" and becoming a bigger and bigger fan of military and cop "issues" all the time. Maybe there is something going on in his personal life that is causing unresolved problems.

    I still get his email newsletter each week, but it seems that there is less I read with each mailing.

    ReplyDelete