Monday, July 14, 2008

Ambassador For Anarchy

I don't always live up to what I am trying to do, but....I am trying to be an ambassador, not a sniper, for anarchy. That means not shooting the fence-sitters. That means I sometimes listen to what others are saying about the state without giving my (wonderful, informed, well thought out, insightful) opinion. You wouldn't believe how hard that can be. Well, yes, I'm sure you know exactly how hard it is.

In my moments of listening I find that, even among the government sympathizers, dissatisfaction is running high. They know something is wrong, but are too blind (or brainwashed) to see what it is.

It is not "which scoundrels" we elect; it is the entire idea of electing Rulers to control our lives that is disastrous. It is the fact that we have been lied to and deceived into believing that every problem can be solved by passing a new law. A "law" to control or restrict the other guy; to steal a little more of his liberty to enrich our own lives in some way. It does not work and never will.

Each piece of "the other guy's" liberty we steal is also stolen from our own liberty. As Ambassadors for Anarchy I hope we can steer others to find the real solution. Otherwise, it's gonna get messy.

12 comments:

  1. I'm an Ambassador too! Maybe we need an embassy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know! Well, it's an idea worth considering. What would bet he role of such an embassy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably it would be good way to show that real anarchism is not destructive and scary, but constructive and helpful. Embassies can be a safe haven for like-minded people in hostile territory.
    They can be an education outreach to interested parties and serve to help their "countrymen" in times of difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Possibly, but not necessarily. I think most of the embassy purposes can be fulfilled without a centralized location, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Promote the idea of anarchism, and provide support and encouragement for anarchists in our statist world. At least, that is what I would think it would do.

    What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Franc, you already are doing just that, whether you know it or not. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I suppose. But there is always need for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then don't sit on your laurels. Keep working at it. Look for new ways and new ideas. Keep inspiring others. Just remember: someone you inspire might be the one to bring down the state once and for all.

    ReplyDelete