Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Integrity, Character, or the Lack Thereof

Maybe I am just a crazy libertarian and my views are not "mainstream", but at least I have enough character to stand by the agreements I make. Today I am being put into a very bad position by someone who apparently does not.

Because I am a libertarian; because I have the courage and the principles to speak out against evil government programs; because I am able to see that a government that uses torture (and calls it "enhanced interrogation techniques") has no moral high-ground to defend... because of these things I am considered a "bad person".

Because I speak out on the insanity of the continually failing "War on Drugs" and it's evil step-child, the discredited D.A.R.E. police-state indoctrination program, I am assumed to be an addict, and I am not to be trusted.

I am not a mindless, flag-waving nincompoop. I know the difference between the flag and the ideals it was originally intended to embody, but now opposes. I know the difference between right and "legal". It infuriates me that some can't, or don't want to, recognize the difference.

I am sure this person believes himself to be a "patriotic American", yet nothing could be further from the truth. America was founded on certain principles; principles that have been rejected and trashed by the current government. Patriotism demands the courage to stand up for the principles of America and oppose the policies of the current government. Supporting America, supporting liberty, now means having the courage to point at government and say "Tyranny! Be gone!"

Now, I find myself backed against a wall. Simply because I spoke out about the things I feel are important if America is to ever be free again. I am caught between my principles and someone else's ignorance and hate. And I am mad.

5 comments:

  1. So what's the big deal? Who's giving you grief?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, at this time further explanation might make things even worse for me. I am really over a barrel. Even this blog post, if discovered, could be used against me. Still I feel it is important to show that these things do happen, and they are noticed.

    If he had acted in a timely manner, this person would be well within his rights to do what he is doing to me, and I would be hurt, but I would not be so angry. Since there was already a verbal agreement, and I had acted in good faith on that agreement, I expected him to abide by it. By his treachery, he has caused me (and others) a lot of problems; emotional, financial, and worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...no matter what happens you always have to stick by what you believe in. It's what makes us who we are. Not everyone will always agree with the same things....but when they speak out, you are expected to agree. That's what it's all about anymore...always someone out there to be offended. You can't please eveyone and at the end of the day...the only person you have to live with is yourself. Keep your chin up....it will all work out in the end the way it was intended to.....I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that anything I might have composed might have an effect on certain people in your life. Not sorry that I composed and posted, just sorry that some people are so narrow-minded and gladly wear their government-issued blinders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever is happening to you (I didn't quite get what, but nevermind), you have my nicest thoughts and my total support. I admire your integrity, but don't get hurt ! If we all had to live respecting 100% of our principles some of us would be already dead...

    ReplyDelete