Friday, December 22, 2006

Publicity Stunt!

I have recently been having doubts as to whether there is any point in continuing my campaign. I hand out lots of cards and have conversations with people who seem to be genuinely interested in what I have to say. Yet this translates into almost no visits to my blog. The apathy is deafening. Perhaps I should pull a giant publicity stunt. Picture this scenario: Me, Kent McManigal, wearing only a breechcloth while standing atop the torch of the Statue of Liberty and waving a bright yellow "Time's Up" flag while shouting "Freedom!" at the top of my lungs. OK, so it will never happen even if I managed to overcome my fear of (man-made) heights. Still, it would get attention. When I got out of the hospital's psychiatric ward, I could see if it generated blog hits. Short of this, I am depending on you; my readers, supporters, detractors or whatever to get the word out about my campaign. If you think there is any value in continuing this effort, help me out.

3 comments:

  1. This would definitely not be a good idea. You need a marketing team, someone who is well-versed in media, politics, journalism.

    If your campaign is serious, you're going to have to do more than blog. The blog should be 1/10th of your campaign.


    myspace.com/joeydauben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, however, like the flags. Run with that, but perhaps "McManigal for President 2008" below the snake would make more sense.

    Also, it might be a good idea to jump on MySpace, add people, blog on ThirdPartyWatch.com, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flags are not strictly for my campaign, but for anyone who believes that "time's up" for government to get back inline with its Constitutional limits.

    I am on MySpace and have sent you a friend request.

    I have no budget for a "team" and I do not accept donations. I do accept volunteers.

    ReplyDelete