Friday, September 08, 2006

Clarifications

I have read a few sites which refer to me as a "newcomer" to this race. For the record, I announced my candidacy on November 3, 2004. I chose to begin slowly and build on that foundation.

On another subject; I have noticed that some people are criticizing my style of clothing. If you cannot support me because of the way I dress, I understand. We can go our separate ways with no hard feelings. If, however, you understand that there are real issues, join me and wear whatever you want, for I will do the same. I am different than anyone who has ever run for president. I assure you, this is a good thing. We all need to laugh at ourselves sometimes, and if I can amuse some folks, then my life has not been a waste.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kent. I just read your comment on my regular blog, and responded in detail. You might want to check it out.

    To reiterate here, I assure you, I don't have a problem with the way you dress, and feel very badly that you thought otherwise. The cracks about your appearance were made by other people, not by me. All I did was post your photos in conjunction with telling the forum that you are a candidate in opposition to Gene Chapman (he was the topic of that thread). I have only mentioned you one other time, and that was merely to note that Gene Chapman had talked about you in an audioblog. I said nothing about your appearance there, either.

    As long as you don't wear togas and want to nuke a 50-square-mile area everytime someone pisses you off, like your opponent Gene Chapman, then I have no problem with you or the way you dress. Personally, from what I saw on your website, I think you're an interesting candidate, and I very much respect that you refuse donations. I will have to read this blog to get a better feel for your positions on various topics, and appreciate your letting me know that it's here.

    Again, I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. Good luck with your presidential campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Kent. I just answered your new comment to my blog.

    ReplyDelete