Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Examiner.com pay: cut again

I have noticed that my pay from Examiner has been cut once again.

It started out as a dependable 1 cent per page view, although Examiner denied this was the case. They claimed it just kinda worked out that way. Usually.

Then it was reduced to 9/10 of a cent per page view for a while. During this time they began paying a dollar per column, with a maximum of $5 per week. That was nice. It more than made up for the reduction in per-view pay.

However, recently I have seen my per page view pay drop to 7/10 of a cent. Yes, I am still getting more there than I would be making otherwise, and getting more page views there than my blog generally got (other than the "Hot Slut of the Day" spike).

I'm not planning to quit, but it does take away some of the motivation for producing columns.


********************

No comments:

Post a Comment