Monday, August 10, 2009

Stalled Projects

I keep having all these ideas that I would like to pursue, but they all crash into the wall of "no money". I realize this is no one's fault but my own. I do wish my ideas and "talents" were valuable enough to bring in sufficient money to allow me to follow through properly with a few of these projects. So far the realities of the market have shown that my ideas and talents are mostly valuable to me alone. My tastes seem to be outside the norm.

The one project I have completed is the Time's Up flags. They ended up costing me. If I could have afforded to have a few thousand made, they would have been inexpensive enough to sell well. I am down to the last two flags now, and am not sure when, or if, there will be any more.


The one idea that irritates me the most is the Silver Dubloon. This is also the one project I still lose sleep over. Once I get something in my head it is very hard to move on until it becomes reality. The rising price of silver, plus the need for me to pre-sell close to 500 of them, derailed this one. Someday......

There is also my childrens' book. If it is to be published, I will probably need to self-publish. I would also like to put my blog posts and Examiner columns into book form someday. I doubt I will have time to organize and edit them into a coherent whole while I am still writing them, though.

Just last week I had another idea. This time for a flintlock AK-47. Is this a practical idea? I don't know. It would be very functional, interesting, and pretty (in my opinion). I'd love to have it in my hands.

I even have other ideas that are much less well-developed. Just phantoms of ideas haunting my brain without defined form. So far. Maybe one of these will break through one day and be a hit.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a t-shirt that said "My Idea to Time Ratio is 87:1"

    ReplyDelete