KentForLiberty pages

▼

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Don't miss the "not"


Some of the strangest criticisms I get are from people who misread what I wrote and then think they disagree with me.

The picture I posted above was making the rounds without the second line, saying "Landlord is not a job". Well, that's not true!

I may not always like all landlords, but I've seen how hard a job it can be. I've always done my best not to be a problem renter. I've had great landlords, and I've had terrible ones, but the problem isn't that they are landlords. Sometimes the trouble was that the property was difficult to maintain. It happens.

So anyway, I had Grok add the second line to the picture above, and then I posted it in comments under some of the posts. I got a lot of agreement. 

But I had a few people jump on me for it- but not from the side you'd think. In every case, they just skipped the word "not" and thought I was making the argument that landlords are lazy. That's the opposite of what I was saying. I corrected them, pointing out that I'm on the same side, with a comment about reading comprehension, because I'm not perfect.

So, if you read something and think you disagree, read it again more carefully, just to be sure before you make an angry comment. It could save you embarrassment.

-
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment