A "cult of personality" has a flip side; a negative. Currently, this is seen most clearly in TDS sufferers.
Look, I hate a LOT of the things Trump does. A lot of them, and I hate them intensely.
Those in the negative iteration of the Trump cult of personality don't seem to hate what he does, especially; They just hate him.
If their favored political criminal was doing the exact same thing, they'd be defending it.
Just like those in the Trump cult of personality would hate the crap he does if it were a different politician doing it.
You know this is true.
If the person matters more than the action, it's probably not rational. I've fallen into this trap, too.
I'm not saying it's good or bad. But it is political, and as we all know, politics makes people stupid.
I looked online, and while Grok admits this "negative cult of personality" is a real phenomenon, it says it doesn't have a specific name. It should.
Would you care to subscribe or donate?
No comments:
Post a Comment