KentForLiberty pages

Monday, July 27, 2026

See how I've grown?


Yesterday was the annual family reunion.

It's a stressful day for me. But I go anyway- I don't always avoid doing things outside my comfort zone. I think it's good exercise.

It was fine. Lots of food, and too many people. But I think I did well.

There's only one relative I can't bring myself to speak to. Years ago, back in the MySpace age, I had reached an agreement with his siblings to rent a house that their parents had lived in (their mom was in a nursing home). Everything was set, and I was happy because the house was far out of town- just like I prefer (or need).

But then this clown found out about the deal and chimed in. He didn't like my MySpace page. He said that because I was anti-government, I would be cooking meth in the home. So, since he was the eldest sibling, the deal was pulled out from under me at the last minute. 

Yes, it was partly his property, but we had a deal.

It caused me problems and cost me. But he imagined himself the Good Guy in his white hat.

I'm still angry about it (if I see him). I sometimes wonder if he now realizes he was wrong, or if he even remembers breaking the deal. Either way, he's not worth my time. I never think about him unless I see him, and I only see him at these reunions. He can go in peace- as long as he goes.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment